If your Suunto dive computer is not recognized by DM5, the following steps may resolve the problem:
1. Connect your dive computer to your PC using the supplied Suunto USB cable. Connect to a USB port that is integrated into your computer. Avoid using USB hubs, port replicators or similar peripherals.
2. Try another USB port on your PC or use another Suunto USB cable (if available).
3. Ensure that the connectors of the cable and the dive computer are clean and free of salt or sand.
4. Check the battery level of your dive computer. If it is too low, your device may not be recognized or syncing may fail.
5. If you have Moveslink/Moveslink2 installed on your PC, make sure that the program is completely closed (not running in the background) before you connect your dive computer.
If the above did not help, the issue may be caused by missing or wrongly installed software drivers. Please contact our customer care team for further assistance (http://www.suunto.com/Support/customer-support/).
Note: Please be prepared to answer the following questions when contacting us: Are you a Windows or Mac user? Which operating system version is installed on your computer?